Wordpress topic on 22 September 2011
Step 1: Pick a number from 1 to 10.
Step 2: Now think of something interesting in your life, or that you’d like to have in your life, related to that number. For example, if you picked 6, tell me about your favorite kind of beer (which come in packs of 6).
I have chosen number 3. There are three sides to a triangle and there are unlimited types of triangles that we face in our lives. Here are some that come to mind:
1. I am the youngest of three girls in my family.
2. I have three sons.
3. Mum, Dad and child – so often a child can come between his/her parents and if this happens too often it can have a detrimental affect on the whole family.
4. Husband, wife and an outsider (male or female). There must be millions of books written about this scenario of the love triangle, often with unhappy endings.
5. Sometimes the outsider can be a friend of the wife’s or husband’s who monopolises their time and interests to the point where someone feels abandoned.
6. An interesting scenario can be Husband, Wife and former wives or husband’s. This one can create some crazy dynamics and they are not always nice ones either!
7. Three people are good friends and then one of them becomes an outsider. This is painful for the person who is on the outer.
8. Mum, Dad and outsider – In my case it was my Mum, Dad and Uncle. My Uncle gave me special attention for as long as I can remember. Although I enjoyed the special treatment, it put me offside with my Dad who didn’t appreciate his brother’s involvement in our family.
9. Aunt, Uncle and Niece – as in my earlier point – my Uncle’s kindness to me was kept secret from my Aunt. I always had to keep information from her. This was really difficult for me as a small child and it very confusing.
10. It is harder to share an apple or orange between three people 🙂
(total words are 333)