I reflected on this topic and my head was spinning! Probably because the ideas that I came up with were nothing new. I have spent a few decades trying to improve myself. This involves being brave enough to keep learning practical and technical things. I have a thirst for new knowledge and leap at the opportunity to gain it.
Other ideas included:
- self-acceptance – isn’t it ironic that including this in my list means I am not self-accepting 🙂
- learning to deal with difficult people – this doesn’t mean I have to turn myself inside out to accomodate them. It means I find a way of relating that doesn’t minimise who I am. I have the tendency to see it as my responsibility to change to enable smooth relationships with others. I want to stop doing that and find a better way or relating.
- I would like to become better at being in the present – mindfulness, better focus and less concern about the past of the future.
- My listening skills could improve as well – the previous point would help to bring this about
On the more practical side of things, I would like to learn how to:
- improving my writing skills – I am enrolled to do a course next year
- expand the range and quality of cooking that I do
- improve my capacity in the computer tasks I do at work
So, that is my list. What would you include on yours? I would be interested to know 🙂
- Already Looking at 2012 (caterpillartooth.wordpress.com)
- Learning and Change (improvingtheteghway.wordpress.com)
- What new skill would you like to learn in 2012 (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- A Masterpiece in the Making… (seraphim6.wordpress.com)