Imagine there is someone who knows the answer to everything in this world and beyond (apart from google and Wikipedia). You can finally ask that expert all those questions that puzzle you. They may be big questions or just something minor. Here are some questions that I would ask:
- Our civilisation is so complex and technologically developed today, so why do we go to war and fight like barbarians?
- Why do we have so much poverty in the world when there is also so much wealth?
- Why can’t we just “live and let live” and be tolerant of others views, values, religions and ideologies?
- Why is it so much easier to worry and be unhappy than to be carefree and joyous?
- What will we ever do with all the plastic bags that proliferate the earth?
- We know that lots of money doesn’t guarantee happiness, so why to we spend so much of our lives seeking after financial gain?
- I know that if I had a better diet and did more exercise, I would be in a lot better condition than I am. So, why don’t I?
- We know that sending people to jail doesn’t usually rehabilitate them, so why do we continue to do it? Can’t we come up with a better way to deal with bad and anti-social behaviour?
- Why do we have flies and mosquitos? Surely we would be better off without them?
- Why is it difficult to get good, honest and hardworking politicians?
- My mind is more comfortable in the past or the future – why is it so hard to live in the NOW?
- How is it that someone can earn a hundred times more than what I earn? What can they do in sixty minutes that I cannot do? An hour is still only an hour, regardless of the hourly rate of pay.
- Was the Big Bang really like the scientists tell us?
- Is there life on other planets?
- Why do we wait until someone’s funeral before we say how much we loved them and what an amazing person they were?
- Are we the only species that thinks?
Well, if you can find an expert for me, I will be very grateful 🙂 Do you have any questions that you would love to get answers to?
I am sure we all wonder about these things. What I am often surprised about it that we have come so far in so many ways and yet human life and behaviour can still be so very primitive.
Cheers for now