I confess to being negligent – a few weeks back Claire nominated me for the Liebster Blog. I was delighted to receive the award but got lazy when it came to passing it on. “Liebster”, so I am told, is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome! Wow – I promise I didn’t make that up.
The rules are:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them (as above – Claire and Subhakar Das
- Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogosphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma. Definitely the best part!
Then, much to my delight, I have just been nominated for the Versatile Bloggers award by Subhakar Das on his blog, Fic Faq.
Thank you so much to both of you for nominating me for each award.
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
Share 7 random things about yourself.
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Add the Versatile Blog Award logo on your blog post.
Seven random things about myself
- I grew up in a small town in country Victoria called Cohuna
- I had my first child when I was 21
- My three sons had moved out of home by the time I was 50
- I am Australian with ancestors from Ireland, Scotland, England and Norway – no convicts to my knowledge 🙂
- I love learning about all sorts of new things – but at my own pace
- I like to be unique and have a point of difference – I am not a crowd follower
- My partner was born in England
Now, there are responsibilities in accepting an award from a fellow blogger. There are rules to follow (not my strong point 🙂 ) however I will give it my best effort. Can I be forgiven for responding to both awards at once? I will see if I can get away with it.
I have pleasure in nominating the following bloggers for a Liebster Award and a Versatile Blogger Award. You may chose to select one or both 🙂
Subhakar Das http://ficfaq.wordpress.com (nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award)
Claire http://clairewade.wordpress.com/ (nominated me for the Liebster Award)
Well folks, this was a big blog! There are so many bloggers that I haven’t included – I hate to leave anyone out. I love the occasional comments I get from people who are photographers or artists – I may only hear from them once but gain much from their observations. I feel like I have known a lot of you bloggers for a long time as we have shared the Post A Day 2011. I hope you keep blogging in 2012 as I know that I will be and look forward to reading yours.