I just read a post called “19 things to stop doing in your 20’s” and it was a really good read! It gave me the idea to leap forward a few decades with some ideas of my own.
Here are some of my suggestions…
- Stop letting your career overtake other important aspects of your life.
- Stop lying about your age and your weight – it is only what YOU think that matters – accept what you cannot change but change what you CAN.
- Don’t neglect yourself – take care of your appearance because a little bit of effort can make a big difference.
- Don’t write yourself off by saying you are too old to start something new, be it career, travel, university…
- Just because 1970’s gear is in fashion again, don’t interpret this as your chance to be a teenager again 😦
- Try not to talk about your health concerns unless it is to your doctor or a close friend who really wants to know.
- Don’t get bamboozled by technology but make an effort to keep up to date with the latest gizmos on the market.
- Don’t forget your achievements – there are bound to be many over the years – remind yourself of your successes and forgive yourself for your failures.
- Don’t forget how to laugh – and to laugh at yourself and life in general. A sense of humour is invaluable.
- Don’t let anyone tell you what is good for you – you are more qualified than anyone to know what is good for YOU – remember that 🙂