Now that I am getting close to 500 posts I am keen to get there! And I feel I need to have something special for my 500th post. However today I want to talk about how we spend our time – or more accurately – how I spend my time.
No paid projects these last few weeks and lots of time on my hands. It is so ingrained in me from my childhood that I must get all my work done before I allow myself to indulge in some relaxation. I am not terribly good at relaxing. There are some things that I can do to fill in my time, and these are:
- fiddling with my allaboutwordswa blog site
- building my new blog/website for my business – I have spent many hours doing that Naturaliste Business Writing Solutions WA
- designing my nice new business cards
- reading – I recently found an author I like and am working my way through her suspense novels (Mary Higgins Clark). I received $100 voucher for Amazon.com and am spending it fairly quickly
- reading the local papers – it’s always good to know what the local issues are. One of the places where I was working has lost their funding from the City Council
- tidying up my electronic filing system
- when I get really stuck there is always housework to be done 😦
- I do have some uncompleted studies that I can go back to as well – I might have to consider that. I need to keep learning or my brain may seize up on me due to lack of use.
So there you go, that’s what I have been up to lately :-). I need to be more proactive about finding some work soon. I am going to a workshop in a few weeks on developing a Facebook page – hopefully that will help generate some business.
PS No kidding, I just had a phone call about some possible work – the Universe is listening!