I woke up this morning with a feeling of dread
My mind is hurting from all that was said
The worst insults I have known in many a year
What happened to those values that we hold so dear?
Care for those who are less well off
Positive solutions – not just for the toffs
Is it about ego, capitalism and personal gain?
Will they just bring more suffering and pain?
It could be so much worse, I know!
At least I can freely vote and come and go
Imagine if love, fairness and compassion ruled the day
I earnestly hope that one day we will find a way
- Why neither major party is addressing indigenous poverty (crikey.com.au)
- Comment: Parochial Australia needs to take its blinkers off (sbs.com.au)
- Building a better election map (theguardian.com)
- Australian Election is here! (electionlab.wordpress.com)
- Internet keeps messages flowing despite election media blackout (theguardian.com)