Each week I am trying a new dish that I have never cooked before. This is what I cooked today!
TASTE OF HOME – Click on the link below for the web version of the recipe
- 2 veal cutlet (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Flatten cutlets to 1/8-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag,combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add veal; seal bag and shake to coat evenly. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add veal; cook over medium heat for about 1 minute on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Spoon over veal. Stir broth into skillet, stirring up any browned bits. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Pour over veal and mushrooms. Yield: 2 servings.
I served the veal with mashed potato, silver-beet (from my garden), Brussels sprouts and carrots.