When I tell people about some of the places I have lived and things I have done and seen, many suggest that I should write a book. But would it really be of interest to anyone?
I have made a start and written around 10,000 words – a very brief summary of my life up until now. I am unsure where to go from here. I decided to do some brain-storming to flesh it out a bit. It raised more questions than answers, such as:
- who is included and who is excluded?
- should I use real names and my real name?
- what are the ‘touchstone’ events that really must be included?
- do I bare all about my struggles and challenges or are some things too private?
- should I seek professional guidance at this stage eg a literary agent or wait and see how it goes?
- what is the secret of keeping it interesting?
I guess the easy road to take would be to keep writing the truth as I see it and perhaps make amendments down the track.
It has been useful to put my thoughts down here to share with you as it now seems a bit clearer. I think I will start on the ‘touchstone’ events and see where that leads me.
THANKS FOR LISTENING 🙂