I have agreed to share the knowledge I have gained over six years blogging with some fellow community members through our local group of the University of the Third Age (U3A). It is not a paid position but a sharing with like-minded people. It doesn’t commence until May so I have some time to fine tune the content.
I started thinking about the many reasons to start a blog and thought I would share a few of mine here. Please feel free to comment and add other reasons I may have missed.
- Learning about using WordPress (and keeping up with the changes) keeps my brain active.
- I have met so many amazing people from all parts of the world and been able to enjoy their photos, weather reports, local happenings, different cultures/styles of architecture and more. It really adds to my knowledge of the world and reminds me of how much we all have in common.
- The joy of getting a “like” or even better a “comment”. It always brightens my day.
- The opportunity to put some positive words out into cyberspace and hope that I am able to add a little joy to someone else’s day.
- I sometimes have ideas that I want to share and it provides me an avenue to do so and get feedback from others.
- My interest in photography has grown since I started blogging. I have discovered it is one of those things I can lose myself in it – time flies by!
- The diversity of blogs provide such a vast resource of valuable information- I take down recipes from other parts of the world and try them out at home – great fun. There is also lots of wisdom out there!
- When I got my current part-time job I was able to provide my blog address to the editor so she could see that I can put a few sentences together.
- It is MY voice I am putting out there. I know at times that some people may not like what I post but I reserve the right to have my say.Being an introvert I find it harder to express myself in person than I do in writing.
- I feel a real connection with a number of bloggers that I have followed for some time. I know that if I was in their neighbourhood I would love to drop in for a coffee and a good long chat. 🙂
There are probably a lot more reasons to blog and I would love to hear from you what you think.