OK I want to write a blog today but I don’t seem to have any ideas so I thought I would write anyway! It may lead to something or it may not.
I looked at my book-case for inspiration – ideas about writing, text books about writing, poetry books, books about self employment….
Then I thought, what about a list? How about a list of what can be found in my book-case? No, I got bored with the idea before I got started!
I think I need to find something more to do with my spare time. For years I worked full-time and I longed for the day when I didn’t have to set the alarm and I could get up and do whatever I wanted! It is a balancing act – finding enough interesting things to do without feeling over committed and time poor. Not working full-time gives me such a great opportunity to choose what I want to do.
OK, how about a list of what I would do if I had time (assuming that I don’t have time?) Yes, this calls for some CREATIVE writing 🙂
1. Learn calligraphy and use it on personal greeting cards
2. Write story books for my two grand sons – just for fun
3. Get fit and healthy – go to the gym, the pool, long walks by the beach…
4. Improve my cooking by learning new recipes
5. Get out of the house and look for wildflowers (it is wild flower season here)
6. Read some of those books I have promised myself to read ONE DAY
7. Go to a Nursery and buy some spring annuals to plant in the garden
8. Try writing some poetry – I haven’t done this for 20 years or more and I used to enjoy it
9. Do some random acts of kindness secretly
10. Take a series of photos – I had an idea the other day to take photos of inside of people’s garages – I think they say a lot about who we are (or aren’t) – all different, all ok!
Gosh, now that I have all these things to do, I don’t really have time to write a blog after all!